If you have a story that you want included in the book please email it to: welcomeout1@gmail.com

Please when you send in your story let me know if you want your name used. I appreciate everyone's help with this project and will list all of those who helped make this book possible.





Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Don't just think about it go ahead and share your story

I have had alot of people tell me that the idea of this project sounds great. I thank all of you who support this project. But, in order for this project to go anywhere I need your help. I have decided not to include names (unless you tell me you want yours included). I want the stories to speak for themselves. I don't want someone to go buy the book to hear the story about a specific person they know or know of. The point is not to gossip about people.

The point of this project is to hear from each other and let the world hear from us as well. There are people out there who don't have anyone they can ask about coming out. Sharing your story could help another person not feel so alone in their feelings. There are a lot of us LGTBQ people out there. We need to show the world there is not just one type of person. Coming out is not the same for everybody. Sharing our experiences will help other people understand more about us.

People fear what they do not know. If we continue to be silent about our lives then we will allow the fear of the unknown keep prejudice alive. If we show the world we are actual people, with lives and families and jobs, then we will also show the world that we are all different, we are all people, we are all beautiful, and we all deserve to be treated as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment