If you have a story that you want included in the book please email it to: welcomeout1@gmail.com

Please when you send in your story let me know if you want your name used. I appreciate everyone's help with this project and will list all of those who helped make this book possible.





Monday, December 28, 2009

I know there has been some confusion

Recently I have heard some confusion with this project. Some people have asked me about videos. I am not a film person and I am not making videos of coming out. There is a wonderful site http://iwanttheworldtoknow.org/ that is putting videos together. I adore this project and encourage you all to look at it and make a video of your own. It sounds like both projects have the same objective just a different methods. I would have no problem if you chose to do a video rather than send me your story for this book. Don't get me wrong I REALLY want your story to be in this book, but I also believe that the important thing is to get the stories out there. The whole point of my project is not to make me famous or make money, it is to create acceptance and understanding for us all. If this comes from putting videos of people together that is great and I am happy with that, and if this comes from people reading the book i am creating then that is awesome also.I just wanted to let you all know that the two projects are not connected but I encourage you to contribute to both if at all possible.

I hope you all are safe and have fun enjoying your New Years festivities!!

Amber

1 comment:

  1. Amber, what a great idea/project! I'm sorry I have not gotten back to you on facebook yet. My schedule has been a little overwhelming. I'm happy to talk to you about how I get people to share their stories on my site. Also, I'm happy to link your site to mine! I think it's so important for people to share there stories through different mediums, so I'm really glad that you're doing this! Let me know how I can help, and I will be sure to share your site with my friends. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete