If you have a story that you want included in the book please email it to: welcomeout1@gmail.com

Please when you send in your story let me know if you want your name used. I appreciate everyone's help with this project and will list all of those who helped make this book possible.





Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thank you for your support

I really appreciate your support. I have had quite a few people say the idea of this book was great. It makes me feel great that other people support the project. As much as I love the support I have not received many stories. I am not trying to rush people and I understand if you don't want to write your story and have it published in a book for others to read. This is a very personal thing I am asking you to share. But, I am not writing a story about MY coming out.

My experience is only one experience and not everyone is going to go through things just like me. That is why I need your story. The more stories that are included the more people will understand there is not just one type of person who is gay, there is not one way of coming out, and there is not just one reaction to being gay. Some people realize they are gay and embrace it with open arms, some people realize they are gay and hide it. The more of us who share our stories with others the more other people will understand there is nothing to be scared of. We all deserve the right to a happy life no matter where you live and no matter where you are from. Please if you have a story you would like to have in this book email your story to me at ahinz10@gmail.com. All I ask to be included in your story is when did you realize you are gay? When did you realize you needed to come out? How did you come out? How have things changed since?

Thank you all for your support. I wish you all the very best this New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment